- March 7, 2021
The Fiji Trades Union Congress is the umbrella organisation of unions in Fiji. Established in 1952, it continues to promote and protect workers’ rights and respond to its affiliates regarding industrial relations and employment matters. A tripartite constituent of the International Labour Organisation, it seeks compliance with ILO core Conventions that Fiji has ratified. Not only do we stand up for our members’ rights at work, we have dedicated a lot of effort to ensure all working citizens of this country get a better deal on decent work and pay through our political and community campaigns.
We are now hiring:
(1) Executive Secretary x 2 positions (1 Suva Office/1 Lautoka office)
• Efficient office management and organisational skills.
• Meeting preparation and support to Board
• Excellent social and public relations skills
• Ability to work in fast paced, multicultural environment
• Knowledge of Microsoft applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint), telephone etiquette, front office reception and ability to work independently.
• Good writing skills
(2) Communications Officer (Suva)
• Preferred experience in journalism and communications role
• Very good to excellent writing skills with an ability to draft documents, statements and event reports
• Ability to manage multiple social media platforms and website update proficiency
• Good public relation skills and media communications and organisational networking
• Ability to work within strict deadlines and minimal or no supervision.
Applications with a letter, CV and passport size photo should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 22nd March 2021. Only shortlisted applications will be contacted for interviews.